I’m just a little embarrassed to admit this, but checking Instagram is among the first things I do in the morning.
But , I know I’m not by yourself.
Did you know that Instagram went from million users in December 2010 to over one billion in 2020?
In fact , it’s one of the most popular social media platforms on the planet. So , you might be wondering, “How can I make use of this platform? ”
Well, a great way to engage with your viewers is through an Instagram election.
According to HubSpot research, questions or poll stickers are among the most popular Instagram Story forms.
Polls are a great way to keep touching your audience and even perform market research.
In this post, let’s figure out how to set up a poll upon Instagram and discuss ways to use this feature.
1 . Open Instagram and swipe left.
To get started with Instagram polls, the first thing you need to do is open the app. Then, you are going to swipe left. This will take you to the screen where you can post on your Stories.
second . Make sure you’re posting in order to Story (underneath the record button).
Once you’re right here, make sure that you’re posting for your Story. Underneath the record button, you’ll see whether you’re posting a Story, a Reel, or even going Live.
To post the poll, make sure you’re publishing to your Story.
3. Take those video or picture you want to post.
Now, just take the video or picture you want to post.
If you have it saved, you are able to just select the content with this screen by clicking on the picture icon on the bottom level left. This will take you to your camera roll where you can select a video or picture.
4. Click the sticker image on the top right.
To add the poll, click on the sticker icon on the top right. It’s the 3rd icon from the left.
five. Scroll down and select poll or look for the sliding poll.
Now you should see different sticker options including location, time, questions, and more. Scroll down and choose the poll icon.
You can either do a question and answer poll, or a slipping poll. To choose a slipping poll, you’ll want to scroll before you find the slide bar option.
6. Type in the question plus responses.
If you chose the query and answer poll, it could time to type in your issue and the possible responses.
If you chose the slide bar, you’ll want to type in your question and add an emoji to the sliding bar.
7. Click “Send To” and then talk about your poll to your Story.
Now all that’s remaining to do is post. To do this, just click “Send To” after which share the post on the Story.
8. Track outcomes.
Once you’ve posted a poll, it’s time to wait for the particular responses. To view the results, an individual watch your Stories.
Then, click on the “Seen by” icon within the bottom left corner. This will show you who voted as well as the results.
Here, you’ll also get a button to “Share Results. ” You can click might post the results to your Story to let your audiences know the outcome of the vote.
When you’re creating a poll, remember to place it strategically.
You don’t desire people to have problems voting because of the placement. Make sure your vote is placed near the center, and never too high or low which the other Story icons block it.
As you can see, posting the poll on Instagram is really a simple process. But , how can you use this feature?
Here are some from the top ways you can use Instagram polls:
- Learn about your audience. Polls are a great way to talk to your followers. You can learn about their interests and opinions using a simple vote.
- Market research. Instagram polls can also help you discover what your audience would like to see from your brand. For instance , I’ve seen a natural powder protein company ask questions on what flavors customers want to see and after that deliver on those flavors. This makes your market feel like they’re a part of a community and like you value their own opinion.
- Gather suggestions. If you want to understand what your customers think, why not simply ask them? You can use polls to collect feedback and information from the followers.
- Share your articles. Instagram forms are a great way to get your audience interested in the content on your site. Hopefully, the poll will strike enough interest that your followers go to your site to see a blog.
- Enter a giveaway. I’ve seen plenty of influencers use the sliding bar to gather giveaway records. After posting a few Tale slides on the giveaway, the last slide usually says, “Slide this bar so I know you entered. ”
- Increase engagement. Polls are very helpful for the Instagram algorithm. The more involved your audience is with you, the more likely they are to actually see your content in their feed.
Ultimately, the purpose of using Instagram forms is to engage with your supporters and capture their interest. To learn more about Instagram advertising, you can take HubSpot’s Instagram Training program.