Even though LinkedIn has been around since 2003, the platform didn’t allow the utilization of clickable hashtags till 2016.
Social networking platforms like Tweets and Instagram have encouraged hashtag make use of for years as a way for users to connect with their organizations. They even provide analytics, allowing articles creators and influencers to gauge their own impact.
Now that LinkedIn has fully embraced the use of hashtags, brand names can too.
Let’s get into the basics of using hashtags on the platform plus dive into how to locate the top trending ones in your industry.
Do hashtags work on LinkedIn?
Indeed, hashtags do work on LinkedIn. You can add these to your status upgrade, your published write-up, and your business page to reach an target audience beyond your network. You can also browse through hashtag nourishes to see what discussions are happening surrounding those topics.
How To Use Hashtags on Your LinkedIn Status Update
There are a few methods to add hashtags to your status update.
Because the GIF illustrates, you can add a hashtag by:
- Typing away the pound sign followed by the word or even phrase. As you kind out your hashtag, LinkedIn will auto-generate hashtag suggestions based on what’s trending and popular.
- Clicking on the particular “Add Hashtag” key located on the bottom left of the box.
- Selecting one of the related hashtags next to the particular “Add Hashtag” key.
Pro-tip: Shouldn’t add spaces or symbols in your hashtags, as they will no longer be clickable.
Using Hashtags on Your LinkedIn Article
As it currently stands, customers cannot add clickable hashtags in the body of their articles published upon LinkedIn. However , they could make it discoverable by having hashtags to the content description box.
Using Hashtags on Your Business Page
In case you have a business page upon LinkedIn, you can connect it with appropriate hashtags. This will place you right in the heart of conversations surrounding those hashtags and allow you to definitely connect with relevant viewers. Here are the steps to add them:
Start on your business page’s homepage.
Click on the “Add” button on the bottom correct under “Hashtags. ” A smaller page will open up.
Click “Add the hashtag” and select as much as three hashtags.
You’re good to go.
Should I use hashtags on LinkedIn?
The particular short answer can be yes, hashtags are a great way to reach audiences away from direct connections upon LinkedIn.
Parenthetically you only have 200 connections on LinkedIn. You publish a write-up on SEO and do not use any hashtags. For it to make a significant impact, you’ll need a large amount of post engagement through second- and third-degree connections.
The reason why place such limitations on your content? By utilizing hashtags, you increase your post’s reach potential. If the SEO hashtag has hundred, 000K followers and you use it, your article engagement can easily multiple what it was without having hashtags.
With that in mind, here are a few things to remember when using them:
- Don’t overload – LinkedIn’s former mature director of product management, Pete Davies, recommends sticking to 3 hashtags. That should be sufficient to target the main key phrases without looking spammy.
- Hashtags don’t replace duplicate – Hashtags don’t offer context, they should only be used to improve your discoverability. You should still have descriptions in everything you post.
- Mix the popular using the niche – When you only use popular hashtags, your content can get dropped. If you go too niche, you may not achieve enough people. Utilizing a little bit of both attacks the perfect balance.
Once you get confident with the use of hashtags, you can begin identifying which ones are performing the best. You might find that some lead to higher engagement rates than others. If you are, those are worth reusing.
How to Find Top LinkedIn Hashtags
There are 3 types of hashtags that LinkedIn recommends to its users based on their network and market: recommended, popular, well-known. LinkedIn’s ‘Discover More’ page is the 1st – and best – place to appear when considering which hashtags to use in your blogposts.
To access this site, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Discover More” button.
- On the mobile app, this will appear if you click on your user profile picture on the top remaining corner of the page.
- On desktop view, it will be in the bottom of the left sidebar.
- On this page, you’ll see trending pages, recommended connections and pages, and hashtags toward underneath of the page.
As a marketer, LinkedIn recommends me many marketing-related hashtags, such as #digitalmarketing, #seo, and #contentwriter. However , this list will vary from one user to the next.
LinkedIn Trending Hashtags
In 2020, LinkedIn released data at the top trending hashtags to gain Q1 in 2020.
In January and February, the list was virtually identical. However , conversations moved out of alignment in March inside the pandemic started. Quest for topics on remote desktop help working tripled and the #remotework hashtag moreover started trending.
The best way to optimize your complete hashtag use is near referring to your that you really hashtags and investigating their performance within your posts.
Ideal Follow Hashtags from LinkedIn
Subsequent to hashtags will allow you to become aware of what other content game makers are posting, recommendations users are replying, and get ideas for success posts.
- Head to the search tag and type the particular hashtag you want to comply with.
- Select a choice from the dropdown menu.
- That will get you to the hashtag’s feed where you can observe all content advertised with this hashtag. Simply click “Follow” at the top of our own page.
To view GIF below to see the steps in action.
Yet again you’re following the hashtag, you’ll see it opposite the larger section sidebar under “Followed Hashtags” when moving on a computer. Using the00 LinkedIn mobile program, you can access typically hashtags you’re ensuing by clicking on you’re profile picture number one left of the active window and scrolling all the down to the “Followed Hashtags” dropdown menu.
Hashtags are fundamental to the success within your respective content. By dependent upon LinkedIn’s hashtag picks and your analytics, it is possible to ensure your posts unquestionably are reaching the right potential audience.