Did you know that over 500 hours of content material is uploaded in order to YouTube every moment, plus the platform has more than 2 billion users?
I don’t know whether it’s just me, but I didn’t know YouTube had that much content published each day.
Since many companies use YouTube being a marketing tool for their advertisments, it’s important to stay updated on the ad specifications.
On this page, we’ll give a fast overview of the ad formats and ad requirements for YouTube.
YouTube Ad Specifications
YouTube Screen Ad Specs
Display ads may actually the top right of the video, right above the video suggestions.
- 300 x 250 px for the larger look at
- 300 x 60 px for the smaller view
- Recommended video dimensions are: 426 by 240 (240p), 640 x 360 (360p), 854 x 480 (480p), 1280 x 720 (720p), 1920 x 1080 (1080p), 2560 x 1440 (1440p) and 3840 x 2160 (2160p).
- Aspect proportion is 16: 9
- Max file size is 128GB or even 12 hours, whichever is less.
- Accepted video platforms include:. MOV,. MPEG4,. MP4,. AVI,. WMV,. MPEGPS,. FLV, 3GPP, and WebM.
YouTube Pre-Roll, Mid-Roll, and In-Stream Advertisement Specs
Because I’m sure you’ve seen, most YouTube videos have ads possibly at the beginning of the video (these can be skippable or non-skippable) or in the middle of the video. These are known as pre-roll and mid-roll ads (previously known as in-stream ads).
While there are several YouTube ad types, the particular specs for these ads are the same. In fact , the particular specs are the same as non-ad videos since they all play through the standard YouTube player (the only distinction is video length).
- Recommended dimensions: 426 x 240 (240p), 640 x 360 (360p), 854 by 480 (480p), 1280 x 720 (720p), 1920 x 1080 (1080p), 2560 x 1440 (1440p) and 3840 x 2160 (2160p).
- Minimum dimension is 426 x 240.
- Max dimension is certainly 3840 x 2160.
- Aspect proportion is 16: 9.
- Max quality is 128GB or even 12 hours, whatever is less.
- Accepted video types include:. MOV,. MPEG4, MP4,. AVI,. WMV,. MPEGPS,. FLV, 3GPP, and WebM.
- Skippable video size max is 6 minutes (skippable after 5 seconds).
- Non-skippable video length max is fifteen or 20 mere seconds (30 seconds in certain regions).
- Mid-roll video length minimum is 30 mere seconds.
YouTube Up and down Video Ad Specifications
YouTube has optimized the mobile viewing experience so that video ads that are vertical can show on full screen across different devices (whether landscape or vertical).
- Landscape: 16: nine
- Either a up and down 9: 16 or even square 1: one, or both.
YouTube Ad Banner Size
The banner ad campaign is one that stretches across the top of a YouTube page.
- 16: 9 aspect ratio
- Keep within suggested YouTube banner size of 2560 by 1440 px
YouTube ads can be very influential for your audience. However , to have the most influence, your ads should be the right size and the best quality by following these ad specifications.