There’s nothing even worse than an ad that keeps appearing for something you’d never buy. Regarding 39% of internet users agree, feeling that online ads tend to be not relevant to them. Therefore it is no wonder that one within four people may leverage some sort of advertisement blocker in 2021.
An ad blocker is usually software that’s meant to improve a wearer’s online experience simply by removing or modifying digital ads. Is actually designed to make browsing simpler, so you have no a giant flashing advertisement taking up half the particular screen while you research customers and secret agent on a competitor’s most recent product launch.
Still, digital advertising is on the rise.
Global digital ad spend is expected to go beyond $455 billion this season, which means an increase within the number of banner, display, and news feed ads. This barrage is pushing a lot more internet users toward ad blocking tools to allow them to shop and scroll in peace. To really understand ad blocking statistics, it’s important to possess a grasp on the electronic ad landscape.
But how many people are actually using advertisement blockers? And what are their reasons for eliminating ads? This list of ad blocking statistics will answer those people questions and more.
Whether you’re looking for suggestions to attract customers or wondering how to improve clicks, you can find the stats you need to understand your own audience and make your next campaign popular.
Digital Marketing Statistics
one Global digital ad spend is likely to exceed $455 billion dollars this year. (Statista, 2021)
2 . The internet is considered the most important moderate for advertisers and accounts for 51% of total media ad spend in 2020. (Statista, 2021)
3. The average web user spends six hours and 55 minutes on the internet every day. (Hootsuite, 2021)
4. Researching products and brands ranks seventh on the list of reasons why global internet users go online. (Hootsuite, 2021)
five. Digital advertising income is projected to develop by 15. 4% in 2021. (Statista, 2021)
6. Global digital advertisement spend increased 12. 7% ($43 billion) from 2019-2020. (Hootsuite, 2021)
seven. In 2021, paid search ad spend increased 8. 4% between Q1 and Q2. In the exact same timeframe, paid ad clicks decreased simply by 7. 6%. (Hootsuite, 2021)
7. In a study about how advertising influences customer perception, 41% of respondents said that a good ad placed close to relevant content sparked a positive brand perception. (Statista, 2020)
9. 63% of internet users in the U. S. stated they have a negative attitude towards ads within online videos, and about 47% of people said exactly the same about website ads. (
10. In a 2020 survey conducted within the U. S., almost 50% of online users had a negative attitude toward website ads when asked the way they felt about electronic advertising. (Statista, 2021)
11. 35% of people feel advertising and marketing meets their requirements. (Merkle, 2020)
Ad Blocker Statistics to Know
twelve. Approximately one in four internet users will leverage some sort of advertisement blocker in 2021. (eMarketer, 2021)
13. In the last quarter of 2019, there have been 763. 5 mil ad blocker customers worldwide. (Statista, 2019)
14. 37. 5% of global internet users block internet marketing with an ad blocker tool. (Hootsuite, 2021)
15. About 26% of online users in the U. Ersus. blocked advertising on the devices in 2019, which meant one-quarter of paid advertising text messages never reached their audiences. (Statista, 2019)
16. 20% of online sessions are blocked with an ad blocker tool. (AudienceProject, 2020)
17. More people are whitelisting websites within their ad blockers, allowing the ads to remain active. 54% of individuals in the U. H. whitelisted sites in 2020, up through 40% in 2018. (AudienceProject, 2020)
18. Most ad blocking happens on desktops and notebooks, as it’s more challenging to block ads within smartphones applications. (eMarketer, 2019)
19. Ad blocker monetization strategies take the rise. Suitable Ads, software that will turns ad blockers into ad filter systems to display relevant articles, reached about two hundred million users around the world in 2020. (Statista, 2021)
twenty. 56 of the top 100 U. H. publishers used one or more ad block monetization strategy. (Statista, 2019)
21. 47% of internet users in the U. S. used ad blockers on their desktops in 2020, down from 49% in 2017. (Statista, 2020)
Desktop computer ad block utilization rate in the United States through 2017 to 2020
22. Over 44% associated with ad block users from the U. H. said they were more willing to support sites that are Better Ads-certified than sites that were not Better Ads-certified. (Statista, 2020)
23. By the end of 2020, there were approximately 586 million month-to-month active users of mobile ad preventing browsers worldwide. (Statista, 2020)
Reasons for Ad Blockers
24. The top reasons why internet users around the world make use of ad blockers: (Hootsuite, 2021)
- More than 61% of people say there are too many ads.
- Nearly 54% of people say ads get in the way.
- 40% of people wish to stop any inappropriate content from appearing.
- 39% of people believe ads usually are relevant to them.
- Over 38% of individuals block ads to safeguard their privacy.
- 33% of people make use of ad blockers to enhance device performance.
- Nearly 27% associated with users block ads to prevent companies through collecting personal data.
25. In the Oughout. S., 44% of internet users say they use ad blockers simply because they don’t want their online behavior to be tracked. (Statista, 2021)
26. 71% of people use ad blockers because they find websites more manageable without banner ads (Statista, 2021)
27. 66% associated with internet users in the Oughout. S. say that video clip ads that perform automatically with sound are the most annoying ads, while 55% said the same regarding video ads with no sound. (Statista, 2019)
Most annoying types of digital ads according to online users in the United States as of July 2019
Ad Blocker Market Stats
28. In a survey executed on U. T. internet users, 33% of ladies respondents and 49% of male respondents were using an ad blocker by the end associated with 2020. (Statista, 2020)
29. 16. 5% of global internet users aged 16-64 feel represented in the advertising they see. This drops in order to 10. 6% pertaining to users in the U. S.. (Hootsuite, 2021)
30. Worldwide, 19. 6% associated with men aged 25-34 years old feel represented in advertising — the highest of any group. But this group also is one of the most likely to use advertisement blocker tools, along with 43% using some kind of ad blocking software. (Hootsuite, 2021)
31. 10% of men and women aged 55-64 years old feel displayed in advertising—the cheapest percentage of any kind of age group — yet this group may be the least likely to make use of tools to obstruct online ads. (Hootsuite, 2021)
32. Approximately 73 mil people in the U. S. had installed some form of ad blocker software, plugin, or even brower by 2019. (Statista, 2019)
33. 60% of US adults aged 18-24 use desktop or even laptop ad blockers, compared to 18% that block ads upon smartphones. (eMarketer, 2021)
34. China has got the highest percentage of people using an ad blocker tool at 46%. Ghana has the least amount of people making use of ad blockers in almost 13%. (Hootsuite, 2021)
thirty-five. Nearly 30% of ladies aged 55-64 make use of ad blockers, the lowest percentage of any age or gender group around the world. (Hootsuite, 2021)
thirty six. Almost 44% of men aged 25-34 years old use advertisement blockers, the highest percent of any other age or gender group. (Hootsuite, 2021)
37. 10% of individuals using ad blockers in the U. S. pay for the technology. (AudienceProject, 2020)
38. 45% of internet users between the age range of 15 in order to 25 use an ad blocker. The same is true for 42% associated with respondents aged 26 and 33 yrs, as well as people older 46 to 55 years. (Statista, 2021)
39. People with a better income are more likely to seem like personalization is intrusive and didn’t want to share their private information, no matter the benefit they received. (Merkle, 2020)
40. 86% of internet users in the U. Ersus. knew what advertisement blockers were when asked. (
Apply Your Ad Blocker Knowledge
Ad blockers aren’t going anywhere, so it’s great to reference these ad blocker stats as you set up the next campaign. With the correct information on ad blocker usage, you can realize who’s most likely to click and how to greatest reach your market.