Are you one of the 7. 8 million Americans who commute to operate every day? If so, I am guessing you’ve listened to a podcast or even two. You’re not only. According to Infinite Dial, U. S. podcast audiences listen to an average of four to five podcasts per week.
The podcasting industry continues to grow YoY. In fact , Infinite Call reports that, in 2021, 7 million more people were hearing podcasts than in 2020 alone.
For this reason it’s important to consider podcasting advertising for your brand. Here, you’ll find out everything you need to know about podcasting advertising — through top podcast advertising strategies to advertising prices and networks.
Podcasting Expert Advertising Methods
Before you get began with podcast advertising, consider this advice in the experts.
Make use of podcasting for brand awareness, not lead generation.
Rebekah Bek: As a UX article writer for Ahrefs, Bek was put in cost of podcast sponsorships. She writes her advice for podcasting advertising strategies with this Medium post. Listed here are the key takeaways:
- Rather than being a tool for lead generation, podcasting advertising is a tool for gaining direct exposure and brand attention.
- It’s not constantly about measurable ROI.
- Organic, not scripted, mentions execute best.
Realize your audience might have eclectic tastes.
Midroll: Midroll, a company that matches advertisers with shows, provides their advice to advertisers. Here is the essential takeaway:
- It’s a wise decision not to adhere too strictly to a type. Don’t assume that comedy audiences aren’t furthermore entrepreneurs or that will listeners to a sports podcast aren’t interested in a comedy exclusive. You may be surprised on how broad plus eclectic your audience tastes and needs are.
Advertisements read by the host perform better than third-party ads.
Jason Hoch: Former Key Content Officer with HowStuffWorks, Hoch revealed what type of ads function best for their brand in an interview along with DigiDay. Here are the main element takeaways:
- Ads read by the web host perform better than scripted, third-party ads put into the podcast.
- Listeners feel like these are being shouted with with third-party advertisements.
- Consider creating organic mentions meant for better results.
Test and measure the success of the campaigns.
Kurt Kaufer: Partner plus CMO at Advertisement Results Media, the podcast advertising agency, Kaufer wrote the survival guide just for podcast advertising in this particular Forbes post. Listed below are the key takeaways:
- Measurement is the key in order to determining success in a podcast advertising campaign. Use promo codes, custom made links, and post-checkout surveys to track achievement.
- Be comfortable knowing not every advertisement will work at first and that a breadth associated with shows will need to be examined to figure out what works and what doesn’t.
Calculating the success of your podcast campaigns is best carried out with a tool, like Casted, that gives you an overarching view of critical metrics. With all the tool, you can gain access to behavior metrics, market data, and traffic information that helps you realize your content’s correct value.
You don’t need to sponsor the largest podcasts, you can achieve the same people on smaller shows.
Sam Balter: Former podcast marketer at HubSpot, Balter published about his podcasting advertising learnings in this post. Plus, I talked with him regarding his top podcast advertising strategies. Here are the key takeaways:
- Pre- and post-roll ad spots are usually cheaper than mid-roll and take a fraction of the time. In addition , most ads have some sort of call-to-action that prompts listeners to go to a specific WEB ADDRESS or use a low cost code to get a discount.
- Podcast recognition and listenership will only continue to rise therefore will the opportunity to connect with people in a new and novel method.
- When sponsoring podcasts, trust the host to deliver a note in their own tone of voice.
- It’s better to go for frequency than reach. Pick a podcasts where you can purchase 3 to 5 ads versus one particular on a large podcast.
Podcast Marketing Rates 2022
The amount you spend on podcast advertising will vary depending on the length and type of the ad.
It’s essential to know that podcasts offer different pricing constructions. Ads are sold on a cost per mille (CPM) or price per acquisition (CPA) rate. CPM will be the cost you’ll pay out per 1, 000 impressions or downloading. CPA is the price you’ll pay to get a customer. Most ads are priced on a CPM model.
The current average price of podcast advertising is a CPM of about $25.
AdvertiseCast notes that the average CPM for 30-second advertisements is $18, as well as the average CPM just for 60-second ads is definitely $25.
Podcast Marketing Networks
A podcast advertising network is an agency that will connects companies or even brands with respectable podcasts on which to advertise. The goal is to take away the friction within podcast advertising by helping brands advertise their products on podcasts plus helping podcasters monetize their projects. Some examples include:
1 . Midroll
Midroll, now part of SXM Media, is used simply by over 800 manufacturers to buy ad places on 300+ pod-casts. With such a wide selection of shows, advertisers get the chance to use audience-based purchasing to ensure ads line up with podcast topics most relevant to your brand name, helping you accurately focus on relevant users plus maximize reach.
Your ads could be pre-recorded or web host read, the ladder being a valuable device for generating brand trust as viewers trust hosts and find out them as a beneficial source of social proof.
Midroll prices ads on a CPM model, so that you pay based on the number of certified downloads each episode receives. The website notes that will prices can range through $18 to $50 CPM, with increased performing shows becoming more expensive.
The advertiser portal also gives you an overview of campaign metrics, helping you see important data like predicted downloads and advertisement placement cost per show.
2 . Podcasting One
Podcast One sees over 2 . 1 billion dollars annual downloads plus 350 different shows produced weekly, making it a high-impact system for podcast marketers.
It offers pre-recorded and reside host endorsements, and you will use its geo-targeting and copy-split abilities to ensure you target the perfect audiences and pick placements for your ads that are most relevant for your business.
With PodcastOne, you also have the unique ability to use visual integrations for your ads in the form of the sponsorship splash, an ad banner, or a forced video advertisement.
Megaphone provides powerful podcast marketing tools with the Spotify Audience Network, helping you target the most related listeners that are very likely to drive the most effect across a wide variety of podcasts.
With the service, you can:
- Reach listeners according to their interests, purchase behavior, and things like apps, devices, plus platforms that they make use of.
- Get doable campaign insights that will help you understand functionality to ensure you have the right strategy.
- Make use of dynamic ad installation to populate ads when downloaded so messaging is fresh new and relevant.
Contact Megaphone to obtain pricing information.
AdvertiseCast boasts two, 300+ podcasts, the 150, 000, 000+ monthly listener achieve, and 4, 200+ available ad places to choose from, making it a very important tool for podcasting advertisers as you can choose target audiences which are the best fit for the business.
You also have three various podcast ad opportunities to choose from:
- Baked-in host-read ads (its most popular option), where podcast serves read your ads within the episode. Prices is based on length (60 seconds or 30 seconds) and whether you decide on mid-roll or pre-roll placement.
- Dynamically inserted ads, which are pre-produced, pre-recorded and scheduled to be inserted into podcasting content. Pricing is based on the average number of downloads in the first thirty days.
- Customized podcast ad models where you can be as creative as you’d like, like a social media plug for your profiles, a 10-second yell out, or a 90-second baked-in mid-roll ad.
AdvertiseCast also offers an end-to-end ad campaign platform which you can use to manage your advertisements and view comprehensive metrics that help you understand campaign efficiency. You can also make use of the complete service solution, exactly where AdvertiseCast manages the procedure for you.
Podcasting Advertising Statistics 2022
1 . There are around 2, 500, 000 podcast displays and over 48 million podcast shows as of April 2021. (PodcastInsights, 2021)
2 . 75% from the US population is familiar with the term “podcasting, ” which is up 5% since 2019. (Infinite Dial, 2020)
3. Half of Podcast ads lasted longer in 30 mere seconds in length. (Interactive Marketing Bureau, 2021)
4. A study of 300, 000 listeners found that 63% of people purchased something a host had prompted on their display. (AdvertiseCast)
5. Cost per mille (CPM) or price per 1, 500 listeners is the most common pricing method for pod-casts. (AdvertiseCast, 2021)
6. Dynamically-inserted advertisements increased the reveal of revenues through 48% to 67%. (Interactive Advertising Bureau, 2021)
7. Streaming audio and podcasting is projected to be one of the stations with the largest development in 2022, using a 17. 8% boost. (Inside Radio, 2021)
8. Host-read and pre-product ads increased share associated with revenues from 27% to 35%. (Interactive Advertising Bureau, 2021)
9. Nearby advertising for loading audio and podcasting will outperform targeted banner advertising plus broadcast TV. (Inside Radio, 2021)
10. U. T. Podcast Ad Income is set to exceed 2 Billion simply by 2023. (Interactive Marketing Bureau, 2021)
Podcast advertising is really a marketing tactic which is continuing to grow. Being a majority of people have listened to a podcast, plus engagement rates are increasing, brands cannot ignore podcast advertising.