If you’re thinking about pursuing a podcasting advertising strategy to interact with millennial or Style Z customers but aren’t sure if the right opportunities exist for your company, check out this list of podcast advertising stats.
With these tactics, you can identify podcasters with a price-point and audience focus on that makes sense for your brand. Then, you can work with them and leverage their expertise by sponsoring the content they’ve made. Alternatively, you could also build a native ad that aligns with their debate topics.
We’ll cover podcasting’s greatest marketing opportunities, exactly where podcasting is going, and the demographics who seem to tune in the most.
Table of Contents:
Podcasts and Advertising
Podcast Listener Behaviors
Podcast Insights )
Edison Research )
Edison Research )
- Podcasting listeners are more likely to own a smart speaker. (Buzzsprout)
- Podcasts are the number one audio supply by time of usage among podcast audience. (Edison Research)
- 50% of podcasting Super Listeners agree that podcast ads are the best way to reach them. (Edison Research)
- Millennials and Gen Z are usually 5% more likely to pay attention to podcasts for professional reasons than older generations. (EX-IQ)
- Roughly 50% associated with customer service reps have got listened to a podcasting at work. (EX-IQ)
- While 39. 2% of people who pay attention to podcasts at least month-to-month listen via Apple company Podcasts, 26. 4% use Spotify. (Buzzsprout)
- More than half associated with millennials listen to academic podcasts. (EX-IQ)
- 62% of podcasting listeners say that they had be more likely to talk about podcasts with buddies if they were able to discuss one short section or highlight of it, rather than an entire event. (EX-IQ)
- In 2021, dynamic advertisement insertion accounted for 84% of podcast advertising revenue. 40% associated with podcast ads were host-read. (IAB Podcast Ad Revenue Report)
- The amount of branded content in podcasts increased by almost 82% between 2020 and 2021. (Chartable)
- In 2021, 55% of podcast advertisements were 16 to 30 seconds. (IAB Podcast Ad Income Report)
- Greater than 38% of podcasting advertisements are sold and purchased on a quarterly basis. (IAB Podcasting Ad Revenue Report)
- Nearly 94% of podcasters charge for ads with cost-per-mille pricing. (IAB Podcast Ad Revenue Report)
- NPR notes that 75% of its podcast audience will respond or take action after listening to sponsored content. (National Public Media)
- Pre-roll ads improved in revenue reveal from 22% in 2020 to 32% in 2021. (IAB Podcast Ad Income Report )
Considering podcast advertising?
As you’ve seen from the stats over, podcasting is growing in popularity — especially among younger decades. And while it is often regarded as a form of “entertainment, ” podcast content can be incredibly versatile.
For example , although millennials or Gen Z listen to podcasts that feature interviews along with big celebrities, they’ll also listen intently to smaller implies that educate them regarding new trends or even news that impacts their life or even career.
Since there are so many podcasts, and thus many listeners along with buying potential, you might want to consider podcast sponsorships in your future advertising plan.